Sunday, September 30, 2012

Nobody

(originally written a long time ago)

I woke up this morning and there was no power in half the house.
I woke up this morning and there was no power in half my body.
I woke up this lifetime and there was no life in half my heart.

And I screamed, and I cried, and I cried out...
for mercy.
And they laughed, and they pointed, and ran...
and they ran from me.
And I lay there bleeding from wounds no-one else could see.
And looked up to see Nobody,
because Nobody came to rescue me.
Noboby came to comfort me.

And Nobody helped me get back on my feet again.
And Nobody convinced me to start trying to eat again.

So don't come to try and take my heart.
I share my heart with Nobody.
Don't come and ask to be part of my world.
I gave my world to Nobody.

And if you want to have some of these things,
don't come around to talk to me.
You can go ask Nobody.

And you know what?
Nobody will answer you.

So don't you dare ask me who I am,
and don't ask what's become of me.
'Cause you didn't come when I was dying.
And now all I am...
is Nobody.

No comments:

Post a Comment