Friday, January 25, 2013

A Perfect Day

Someone decided on me that today was going to be a perfect day.

I got an email that tells me my potential employment process with another promising company is moving forward, though this time I'm not going to tell you readers which one. I have been welcomed to the team. I don't consider myself to have the job yet... not until I'm all the way through training and signed up. But now I have some confidence it will happen.

I made a big pot of soup which I am calling "Green Soup". Two packages of chicken noodle soup, a stalk of broccolli, two huge carrots, three onions, a couple handfuls of frozen mixed vegetables and a substantial bunch of spinach, brewed up in the pot with salt and pepper and oregano. I didn't expect it to mellow out so nicely, I expected that the huge mass of vegetables would make it either bland or bitter, but it seems like I got it to work out.

I'm listening to Jethro Tull for the first time in half a year, and sharing some old, old stories of my life with my Pup, who I am now calling Whelp, and emoting tickle-attacking him. Earlier, I watched a bunch of the 40K Rejects series by miniwargaming, after being so cracked up by the Whelp's impression of Sgt. Slaughter that I had to hear it for myself.

And walking home, some black guy I'd never met and I shared an amusing moment of conversation, starting with my giving him an amused look for singing along with Bruno Mars's Lazy Song which was playing in a restaurant we were both passing. He offered me a bus ticket, or rather, asked if he could get rid of it by giving it to me. He observed that I sounded authoritative when I told him, "Don't need it, got a bus pass. Thanks, though." I said I was just watching videos of a sargeant shouting at his recruits, so maybe that was it, and even dared to try my own impression, "MUH-REENS! CLEEN YUH SHOOWZ!" Came out well, and he did an exaggerated march for a few steps, playing along, before we parted ways.

Earlier this morning, I helped a friend of mine to feel better despite the heavy grief of losing a family member... partly by telling a bad joke at a perfect moment.

And somehow... somehow... I don't even feel like something terrible now has to happen to make it all crash down.
It's got to be some sort of miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment