Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Slogging Grinding Living

Yesterday...

I went to see my patron yesterday. When I finally got on the bus, having elected to learn the hard way where to catch it closer to home than I usually do, I sat next to a teenager with a bunch of My Little Pony... comic books, from the look of them (I didn't realize there were MLP comic books) and a BRONY hat. He was in his later teens, I'd guess, and he stood out a bit on the bus. I was impressed by his courage, wearing his fandom so openly on his sleeve, as it were, and so feeling it only appropriate I raised my hand to bro-hoof with him, and he responded in kind with a smile. Not a word was said.
Pup wasn't online when I went to the library for my hour and a half that allows me to use instant messengers, so I reconnected with a couple of other friends. I checked out Freecycle.org and ended up spending my evening going out to get some free clothes from a lady who, I presume, was clearing out her wardrobe. An undershirt (at least, that's how I'm wearing it), two button-up shirts, and a sweater that I wore home that evening, helping me endure the brisk cold under my jacket.
Thanks to my patron, I have a full pantry again and was able to relax on the way back home, listening to Muse and hoping I would be able to sleep well. I felt tired and grateful.

This morning...
(except from my diary)
I'm waiting to wake up one day and feel inspired rather than weary and tired... Feel ready for something, look forward to the day. It hasn't happened yet. Or rather, perhaps... I think there was once, maybe, a month or so ago? ...

No comments:

Post a Comment