Friday, April 26, 2013

Sex Without Shame, Death Without Fear

"Just thinking out loud... 
I don't mean to dwell on this dying thing"

It's a shot of bloody perspective reminding me
that regardless of WHAT
I think and have experienced, regardless
of how much I do and how many hours in smug solitude
thinking I'm better, or smarter, or more spiritual
than you
That I know, that I can face it
ALL
It still remains more true
What is said in the book, title forgotten:
You truly feel, don't you,
that you are now completely disillusioned?
That may prove to be the most enduring
illusion
of them all.

And I am dying. Very slowly.
A decay no medicine, no surgery can erase
Time and entropy will take my place
and fill it with strangers
With a shot of bloody perspective...
An urgency that will fade with time
That I could die now while I'm ready
equipped with a fullness of uncanny surprise
the understanding that nothing
no matter how great could prepare me
The shock now is greater...
I wonder, if only,
Walking with giants, lit by a star
I would know now, to know,
to have no expectations...
Until the next moment,
of bloody perspective,
How far?

It may be harder to face living and knowing
that I will forget, and find boredom again,
a lack of perspective...
I wonder to myself, if the impossible can be done...
Not to deny death... Yes, that exactly.
NOT to.
What seems it should be within the reach of the mind...
I'm not sure it is:
To face Sex without Shame,
And Death without Fear.

6 comments:

  1. Ooh! This is even better than the ones I saw before! You really have a talent for this. Have you considered a writing profession or maybe starting an all poetry blog?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Writing profession? Ha... Good joke. In all seriousness, I would love to publish some of my work... Which is, effectively, why I've got it here. I like the other aspects of this blog and I like putting everything I feel I need to say here, though. Why split my pageviews between multiple places more than I have to? If you click the Poetry tag, you'll get just poetry and song lyrics if that's what you're looking for.

      Delete
  2. Thank you! I've found some of your other work interesting though, and I suspect this relates to the boy you were telling me about? He was the pup?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but this poem was inspired by the video found via the second link in the quote at the top, not by the breakup. It hadn't happened yet.

      Delete
  4. Huh, that double posted, I'm sorry. It's a beautiful song as well =) With tools like that, it's no wonder you can be inspired like this!

    Was the poem in any way directed at him? Or just happy coincidence? Do you have any projects in the works right now?

    ReplyDelete