Monday, October 1, 2012

Moving In

Hmm...

Well, that happened. I've paid my first and last, though it was a bit more than I had been told (by $25 a month), and the whole affair was a bit unprofessional and uncertain. The landlord seems to be unused to so much paperwork and wasn't really sure what to do, but we have a copy of the rent agreement (I intend to make two copies, one for OW and one for me), and I have a receipt for first and last months' rent paid up.

I haven't got any furniture there... yet, but Steven has a military cot hanging around (for some reason) that he's given me for the interim to sleep on.

The kitchen and... well, to be honest, the whole apartment is kind of grubby and a bit of a mess, but I should be able to put a bit of organizing and cleaning into it so that it's comfortably clean.

I also have one cost estimate form from a father & son used furniture store for $555 for a bed and bed-frame, chair or sofa, assorted kitchenware and housewares and a dresser, and intend to get another cost estimate from a cellphone provider, to hand them both in for my remaining community start-up money.

Tomorrow I meet Damon and he can tell me when his family can help me move in my stuff from Kat and Colin's house.

This evening, I walked to My Sister's Place, and there was some very rich and frankly delicious leftover cream of broccoli soup available to be eaten (albeit out of tea cups because they ran out of bowls) and I ate my fill of it, plus one small slice of fluffy white cake. I am contently full, and thankful to this place for giving me food tonight. I had been hungry.

That's my status for the time being.

No comments:

Post a Comment